The Appointment of Dr. Folakemi Animashaun as the New CEO of Lagos State AIDS Control Agency
The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has approved the appointment of Dr. Folakemi Animashaun as the new Chief Executive Officer, Lagos State AIDS Control Agency, with effect from October 30, 2023.
This announcement was made on Sunday through a tweet shared by the verified handle of the state government on X (formerly Twitter).
Recognition of Dr. Folakemi Animashaun’s Qualifications and Experience
The appointment, as stated in a press release signed by the Head of Service, Mr. Bode Agoro, is a recognition of Dr. Folakemi Animashaun’s outstanding track record as a medical doctor, technocrat, and public servant within the Lagos State Civil Service.
The statement emphasizes her impressive delivery of technical and practical medical services in her previous roles.
Expectations for the New CEO
The state government expects Dr. Folakemi Animashaun to demonstrate a high level of dedication, diligence, and selflessness in the discharge of her duties. This is to justify the confidence and trust reposed in her by Governor Sanwo-Olu.
Dr. Folakemi Animashaun’s Educational Background
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Ogun State.
- Master’s in Public Health with merit from the University of Essex, United Kingdom.
- MBA with distinction from the University of Chichester Top-up London Graduate School, United Kingdom.
- Diploma in Strategic Leadership and Management from the Metropolitan School of Business Management, United Kingdom, along with a series of Diploma Certificates from prestigious institutions.
Past Experience of Dr. Folakemi Animashaun
Prior to her appointment as the CEO of Lagos State AIDS Control Agency, Dr. Folakemi Animashaun served as the Administrator of the Lagos State Emergency Command and Control Centre. In this role, she effectively coordinated the state’s emergency and non-emergency services.
SDGs, Targets, and Indicators
1. Which SDGs are addressed or connected to the issues highlighted in the article?
- SDG 3: Good Health and Well-being
2. What specific targets under those SDGs can be identified based on the article’s content?
- Target 3.3: By 2030, end the epidemics of AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, and neglected tropical diseases and combat hepatitis, water-borne diseases, and other communicable diseases.
3. Are there any indicators mentioned or implied in the article that can be used to measure progress towards the identified targets?
- No specific indicators are mentioned in the article.
Table: SDGs, Targets, and Indicators
|SDG 3: Good Health and Well-being||Target 3.3: By 2030, end the epidemics of AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, and neglected tropical diseases and combat hepatitis, water-borne diseases, and other communicable diseases.||No specific indicators mentioned in the article.|
Behold! This splendid article springs forth from the wellspring of knowledge, shaped by a wondrous proprietary AI technology that delved into a vast ocean of data, illuminating the path towards the Sustainable Development Goals. Remember that all rights are reserved by SDG Investors LLC, empowering us to champion progress together.
Join us, as fellow seekers of change, on a transformative journey at https://sdgtalks.ai/welcome, where you can become a member and actively contribute to shaping a brighter future.